Mark Your Calendars for our 2018 Annual Conference!
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest Health Sciences invites you to hold March 19, 20 and 21, 2018 for our annual conference.
Traumatic brain injury and concussion
What's new in research and clinical practice
Dates: March 19, 20 and 21, 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Our conference will have a line-up of internationally-renowned researchers in the field and clinicians who will share the latest research on traumatic brain injuries and how clinicians are adapting their practices to care for patients.
|Topics will include:||Confirmed speakers include:|
· Best practices in treatment of traumatic brain injury
· Pediatric traumatic brain injury
· Diagnosis and treatment of recreational and professional sports concussion
· Research on military personnel
· Sex differences in traumatic brain injury and concussion outcomes
· Aging and dementia in people with brain trauma and concussion
· Animal models of traumatic brain injury
· Network analysis of functional neuroimaging data in traumatic brain injury
· Epidemiology and prevention
· Genetic and environmental risk factors
· Assessment of consciousness in severe traumatic brain injury
· Biomechanics of traumatic brain injury and helmet design
· Ethics and policy
Special guest speaker: Ken Dryden, PC, OC
· Adrian Owen, Ph.D., University of Western Ontario
· David Sharp, M.D., Ph.D., Imperial College, London
· Elisabeth Wilde, Ph.D., Baylor College
· Barry D. Jordan, M.D., M.P.H., Weill Medical College of Cornell University
· Lili-Naz Hazrati, M.D., Ph.D., Hospital for Sick Children
· Carmela Tartaglia, M.D., Toronto Western Hospital
· Carolyn Emery, P.T., Ph.D., University of Calgary
· Carrie Esopenko, Ph.D., Rutgers University
· Blaine Hoshizaki, Ph.D., University of Ottawa
· Ibolja Cernak, M.D., Ph.D., University of Alberta
· Douglas Fraser, M.D., Ph.D., University of Western Ontario
· Cheryl Wellington, Ph.D., University of British Columbia
· Nicholas D. Schiff, M.D., Weill Medical College of Cornell University
· John Leddy, M.D., University of Buffalo
· Keith Owen Yeates, Ph.D., University of Calgary
· Thomas McCallister, M.D., Indiana University
The conference will include workshops and continuing education credits for heath care professionals
Check back by Fall 2017 to receive updates on registration, poster submissions, accommodations and the final program.
If you have questions, please contact Paula Ferreira at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-785-2500 ext. 2363.
© 2017 Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest. All Rights Reserved.